MP Ben Lobb Seeks Nominations For Canada 150 Citizenship Medallions
GODERICH, April 11, 2017 - In honour of the 150th Anniversary of Confederation, Ben Lobb will be honoring great Canadians in Huron-Bruce.
Canada’s 150th birthday is an important opportunity to celebrate Canada’s shared history and achievements. MP Lobb will be seeking nominations for a commemorative Canada 150 citizenship medallion. The medallions will recognize individuals in Huron-Bruce that have demonstrated outstanding contributions and good citizenship in the community.
“These medallions provide an opportunity for Canadians to nominate and honour extraordinary citizens who have made outstanding contributions to our communities,” said Lobb.
To be eligible for this honour, a person:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- Must have made a significant contribution to their community within Canada, or an achievement abroad that brings credit to Canada;
- Must have demonstrated good citizenship in their community;
- Must be alive on February 15, 2017. The medal can be awarded posthumously, as long as the recipient was alive on that date.
Nominations (along with the nominator’s full name and a contact number) can be mailed care of:
Ben Lobb, MP
5101B Highway 21
Port Elgin, ON
A short statement or a brief summary of the nominee’s achievements should be provided, along with the following information about the nominee and a completed nomination form:
- full name
- rank and title
- home address
- telephone number
- short statement explaining the reason for the nomination
- photo (optional)
The deadline for submitting all nominations is June 1, 2017. Details on presentation ceremonies will be provided at a future date.
Please note: Nominations submitted to MP Ben Lobb’s office must recognize the contributions of individuals residing in the Huron-Bruce electoral district.